Hyperion’s Information Strategy & Management practice helps law firms and corporate law departments to define, develop, manage and leverage information through progressive Content Management strategies.
Long recognized as thought leaders in legal information and practice management improvement initiatives, Hyperion offers a multi-disciplinary team capable of delivering broad strategic and technical enterprise content solutions across the broad spectrum of document and information management technologies.
Our Center Of Excellence Approach
Our Information Management Best Practices Review methodology provides a highly structured approach to assessing your current capabilities against industry standards. Based on our experience with AmLaw 200 law firms and Fortune 1000 law departments, as well as proprietary benchmarking and performance indicators, we provide our clients with easily digestible, substantive, pragmatic and actionable insight and recommendations.
The Best Practices Review focuses on holistic information management; our consultants focus on information strategy, organizational structures, processes, policies and procedures, and supporting technologies.
Our Best Practice Review Methodology Assesses:
- Awareness and application of information management methodologies as they pertain to your corporate culture and ways of working
- The quality of data among the various platforms and applications that support day-to-day operations and decision-making
- Ability to capture, manage and maintain relevant information and content
- Robustness of existing technology infrastructure as it relates to information management standards and requirements
Successful implementation of an Enterprise Information Management Strategy requires a sensible approach for translating business needs into functional requirements. Our proprietary methodologies are based on developing a keen understanding of your organization’s goals and challenges, and crafting an approach suitably tailored to your business’ individual requirements.
Our Strategic Planning methodology:
- Business Needs Assessment
- Technology Infrastructure Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Requirements Gathering
- Solution, Platform and Vendor Selection
- Systems Architecture
- Implementation Assistance and Long-term Roadmap Planning
- Technology Benchmarking
Information Strategy and Management is all about developing a core enterprise approach to the collection, management and maintenance of electronic information. The platform can serve powerfully as a system for document management, digital asset management, records management, or most likely, a complex combination thereof.
Our consultants are trained enterprise information strategists, and will work with you to develop and define a complete understanding of your content and how that content needs to be stored, managed, retrieved and archived.
Information Architecture Methodologies
- Business analysis for content discovery
- Designing a “centric” environment to build a content management system around your business units
- Developing firm-wide content types to organize digital content
- Defining and building metadata taxonomies
- Developing and implementing a firm-wide governance plan for information lifecycle management
Systems Integration and Data Management
We have extensive experience with systems integration, and building information management architectures designed to “persist” data in information models designed to integrate varied and divergent content creation systems. Our approach focuses on translating data into usable and meaningful information models tailored to audience-specific presentation. Our proprietary solutions can help your organization develop an unparalleled level of information synergies between and among document and content management, financial, time and billing, and the litany of practice management systems.
- Master Data Management: the enforcement of a high level data layer independent of third party applications
- Data Modeling: establishing cross-platform data integration and aggregation models to synthesize discreet data elements into contextual and audience-specific information models
- Data Quality: the active preservation of valuable data amongst all enterprise systems
- Data Migration: the process by which data naturally migrates to and from various platforms through the information lifecycle