THE PRACTICE MANAGEMENT IMPERATIVE
At Hyperion, our advisory services focus on Practice Management, which we define as the confluence of Process, Operations, Organization and Technology - the "Business of Law." Though our Practices focus on the contextual application of Practice Management, all of our advisory services - strategic and tactical - are rooted in a core set of proprietary Practice Management methodologies - developed, refined, tested and trued over many years of thought leadership and operational excellence.
TRANSLATING FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS INTO TECHNOLOGY INITIATIVES
- System Requirements Matrix: Functional and technical specifications for Practice Management systems – including specific practice and departmental requirements.
- Hyperion Research MarketView Report: Our methodologies and advisory are informed by in-depth market landscape research and analysis by our Hyperion Research analysts.
- Product Evaluation Scorecard: We will prepare a scorecard, based on the System Requirements Matrix, for practice evaluators to complete based on their evaluations and impressions of the reviewed products.
- Comparative Analysis and Selection Recommendation: An assessment of product capabilities, and applicability to practice requirements based on the System Requirements Definition.
BEST PRACTICES AND PROCESS OPTIMIZATION
- Shift from optimizing the flow of paper to the flow of information
- Open process to critique and improvement
- Formality and structure: clear guidelines, policies and procedures establish expectations
- Establish continuous feedback and performance measurement loops
- Process visibility and transparency
- Mitigate and manage risk
- Manage to service level agreements
OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE IN THE BUSINESS OF LAW
- Evaluate risk and mitigation methodologies
- Develop Practice Management best practices
- Establish mechanisms to leverage enterprise information for strategic gains
- Multidisciplinary approach to information management
- Enhance client service
- Maximize return on investment (ROI)
ALIGNING THE ORGANIZATION FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS AND CLIENT SERVICE
- Move beyond tactical support to proactive information management
- Expanded role of data management staff to information gatekeepers
- Establish organizational accountability models
- Practice Support models that establish centralized policy-making and standards, supported by locally deployed resources responsible for local execution
ADDRESS YOUR LEGAL OPS CHALLENGES HEAD ON
We’ve spent years developing and honing our practice methodologies – we know how to guide you through your improvement initiatives, but we don’t take a “cookie cutter” approach. Every organization deals with like problems in their own way. We’ve encapsulated our expertise in proprietary and actionable methodologies to help you address your challenges head on.